Pages

Sunday, 28 September 2008

If you wish to use it

on your site, here is the code. Change the background:

body {
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
border: 0;
text-align: center;
color: $mainTextColor;
background: #692 url(http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo235/bethyada/outerwrap.gif) top center repeat-y;
font-size: small;

change the total width:

#outer-wrapper {
margin: 0 auto;
border: 0;
width: 792px;
text-align: $startSide;
background: $mainBgColor url(http://www.blogblog.com/moto_son/innerwrap.gif) top $endSide repeat-y;
font: $bodyFont;
}

change the main body width:

#main {
width: 500px;
float: $startSide;
word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */
overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */
}

If you wish to store your own background open an account at photobucket.com and place the image there. Then view the image by itself and paste the URL in the appropriate code.

If you want it to be slightly smaller or larger modify as desired. I add the same amount to the main and outerwrapper, in this case 100 px. The code for this background is difficult to calculate what applies to the sidebar and padding.

Note that if you wish to go above 800px for the outerwrapper some people still have their screens set to 800 × 600 px. It may display differently. You could check by altering the size of your browser window.

2 comments:

Jc_Freak: said...

Thanks for all your help bethyada. I really appreciate it.

bethyada said...

Not a problem. If there is nothing more I might delete these posts and remove you as administrator. I'll leave it up for a few days. If you think there may be a few more things I will leave it up.

Respond either way so I know you have read this.